Wednesday, October 01, 2003

One thing about all of these trolleybus links I have been posting. These have nothing to do with those vehicles which are simply buses that are tricked out to look like an old trolley.

I have heard these referred to as "brolleys". ("brolley" also means "umbrella" in the UK, so if you try to Google for it you'll get a lot of umbrella-related hits).

Most of the "brolleys" that I have seen or heard of are rolling tourist traps, plan and simple. I also have some indication that a brolley line operates in or near the University of Alabama.

I'm sure that there are brolley fans out there, but they are apparently a different crowd of people from the electric trolley bus fans.